Friday, February 2, 2007

On the Road to Recovery

Thank you all for praying for our little one. We're happy to report he is doing well and on the road to a complete recovery! We visited with the burn specialist/plastic surgeon yesterday and he was very happy with how Joel's hand looked. He didn't feel like there would be any long-term effects as far as scarring or mobility in his hand. Hopefully, Joel won't even remember...he'll have to rely on mom & dad to retell the story of their first family crisis!

I thought I'd post a picture of him without his hand all wrapped up...You'll notice that in spite of his many hi-tech toys, he has more fun raiding my kitchen drawers for spoons and spatulas! (Thanks, Auntie Cayte for the "HeartBreaker" sweatshirt! I'm sure it helped the healing process go even faster!)

He even surprised Curt and I the other day with a new word. We were getting him ready for bed and I was taking off his sock. After I said "sock," Joel said "ock." I even got him to repeat it until he could say "sock." It's exciting to see him learning new things, but I'm a little disappointed that he can say "dad" and "dog" and now "sock" but still no "MOM!!" What's up with that?!?!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy, Curt and 'Heart Breaker' Joel,

    Don't be discouraged, Amy. He's saving the best for last! There's nothing quite like that first mama!! Savor it for all it's worth.
    I love, love, love your blog. It's so much fun to follow your life. Joel looks GREAT. I'm sure the scars are all on your heart!
    Thanks for sharing your sweetie with us!!

    Love to you all,
    Kem Stickl

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the new webpage, let me know when he says TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey DeBoers.....

    He is just so darn cute! We are so happy to hear that things are working out well with his hand. You all take care!

    Alison and Aaron

    ReplyDelete