So...where is spring anyway? I know that it's supposed to get nice in the next few days, but I'm getting sick of waiting! The kids are both feeling better and they're ready to head outdoors and run around. It'll be great to see the sun again.
Grace is getting so big. She is constantly jibber-jabbering and telling us all that is on her mind. It will be nice when we can understand her. Her go-to word for anything is "baby." She is also trying to figure out the whole head nodding thing. She just can't nod up and down for yes. So, no matter what you ask her, she shakes her head NO. It has gotten a little confusing at times, but we're figuring it out.
Joel has started to incorporate some big words into his vocabulary. It's funny. I picked him up in the fitness club daycare yesterday and he was mid-breakdown. The teacher explained that he was trying to play the Wii with some older boys and got frustrated. So...the rest of the day, Joel was telling me how "FUStrated" he felt. I finally asked him what it means to be frustrated, and he replied, "It is NOT good." He also has been referring to his chair as his "miracle." I haven't figured that one out yet, but oh well!
Grace is getting so big. She is constantly jibber-jabbering and telling us all that is on her mind. It will be nice when we can understand her. Her go-to word for anything is "baby." She is also trying to figure out the whole head nodding thing. She just can't nod up and down for yes. So, no matter what you ask her, she shakes her head NO. It has gotten a little confusing at times, but we're figuring it out.
Joel has started to incorporate some big words into his vocabulary. It's funny. I picked him up in the fitness club daycare yesterday and he was mid-breakdown. The teacher explained that he was trying to play the Wii with some older boys and got frustrated. So...the rest of the day, Joel was telling me how "FUStrated" he felt. I finally asked him what it means to be frustrated, and he replied, "It is NOT good." He also has been referring to his chair as his "miracle." I haven't figured that one out yet, but oh well!One exciting event of the past week has been Mel's bridal shower. Grace and I had a blast celebrating with the beautiful bride-to-be. Mel is Curt's cousin who we love. She lives in California and is getting married to Keith (who is going to try and rival yours truly as the favorite in-law...good luck with that, Keith! ;) Seriously...we are super excited and can't wait for the wedding this summer.
Here are some pics from the shower. Gracie got to wear her adorable dress from Grandma & Grandpa DeBoer.
Here are some pics from the shower. Gracie got to wear her adorable dress from Grandma & Grandpa DeBoer.
Gracie and her big cousin Alyssa...
The DeBoer ladies (minus Amy who is taking the picture!)...

Here are a couple more pics for you...Gracie LOVES to be outside. She stands by the front door and bangs on it when she knows that we are getting ready to go out.
Joel loves to golf just like his dad does. Here he is getting some practice swings in. 
Gracie is learning to feed herself. It's fun...and very messy.




No comments:
Post a Comment