Saturday, October 18, 2008

Girls Week!

So, I got to spend the week with my gram, my mom and my sisters! We had such a great time. I brought Joel & Grace down to Chicago where we stayed with Gram O'Shaughnessy. My mom flew in from Colorado. Col flew in from Texas with my nephew Trey, and Cate is already in Chicago getting her masters. The week flew by! The sisters went out for a nice dinner and then to see Wicked (which was awesome!). We shopped, cooked, chatted, watched the kids play together, and just had a great time. Still...there were a million things I would have liked to do, but the week just flew by.
It was sad to see everyone leave again, but I'm excited that it is only two more months until Christmas when we'll all be together again! Now that Grace is here, I realized that we had four generations of O'Shaughnessy/Evans/DeBoer women all together. Here is a picture of four generations of women...pretty cool!

It was also great to have all the cousins together. I wish we all lived closer so that they could hang out all the time! Belive it or not...this week was the first time Gracie got to meet her Auntie Col, Uncle Johnny and cousin Trey! It was great. They especially had fun at Goebbert's pumpkin farm. It was fun taking the kids to the same farm we visited every year when we were growing up.
Before we left for Chicago, Curt, Joel, Grace & I headed up to Rockford for Harvest Days with the Mejeurs. The kids had a great time trick-or-treating around downtown (Joel definitely caught onto the "trick-or-treat" idea. He wanted to go around the block again!). The kids got to pet animals, go on a horse-drawn hayride, ride a horse, and celebrate Layla's second birthday with the Smith family. Even with so many fun and exciting things going on, I would have to say that Gary walking into his screen door was my highlight!! :) Here are some pics of the kids at Harvest days...

Curt was flying solo all week long, so he was happy to see the fam when we arrived Friday afternoon. I took some pictures of him playing with the kids on the bed and thought this one was great. Dad, of course, is able to smile for the picture, but our two little munchkins are too busy having fun to stay still and strike a pose for the camera!


There are a few pics from our week. We hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful Fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment