Seriously. Who is this child?He says some of the funniest things!
Now that he is in big boy underwear (he is doing GREAT with the potty training. YEAH!), his latest great idea is to pull apart the two flaps that close in the front of the underwear so he can poke his penis through it. So...even though he has his underwear on, body parts are still exposed! He thinks it's hysterical!
Last night, Curt noticed and said, "Buddy, you gotta put that thing away!" To which Joel responded, "Don't worry, Dad. It's just a penis."
Curt, of course, had to work hard to maintain his composure as he explained that certain body parts need to stay covered up.
***************************
Today, he simply refused to go down for a nap. He cried...he whined...he asked for water...he needed to go potty...his leg hurt because he pulled his band-aid off...he needed to throw his band-aid away...it just went on and on. Finally, I told him that if I saw him out of his room again, he would get a spanking.
He did stay down for a bit, but after awhile, I could hear him saying, "It's morning time! It's time to get up! The sun is shining." I told him to come out and asked him if he was done napping. He said he was. I asked him if he had slept at ALL. He said, "I slept a really long time." So I asked how long. "Sixteen minutes," he responded. Yeah...that sounds about right!
As a side note...we had his three-year well child appointment today. He was in the 5oth percentile for height and the 40-50th percentile for weight. Of course, his head circumference was in the 75th percentile. He needs room to fit all those smarts!
I also got a handout from the pediatrician explaining what to expect at this age. One of the bullet points said, "uses inappropriate language to get attention." Interesting.
Until then, if you see my son drop something or do something wrong...he may respond something other than "aw, shucks." Please don't judge me! It's just a stage! ;)




I heard about Joel's interesting language choice lately just today!:) I'm laughing now, but may be calling you for advice if my son has this problem some day!:)
ReplyDeleteHi Amy! I occasionally check out your blog to look at your cute kiddos! My mom has you linked on her blog...anyway, I am laughing because I saw this same bullet point and said the same thing..."interesting"...! Lauren is having too much fun with her language and attitude lately! 3 is going to be fun!!
ReplyDelete