Yesterday morning Joel woke up and knew that it was his birthday. We've been talking about it for awhile now, and he was thrilled! We had lots of fun celebrating this weekend. Last night was a party with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Chris, Aunt Kara and Alyssa. Joel got lots of great presents and had a great time! Here he is giving thank-you hugs to Grandma & Grandpa DeBoer.
Grandma & Grandpa got him a pair of Cars pj's and boots (along with lots of other fun stuff). When Curt and I woke up this morning...Joel was climbing into our bed with his Cars t-shirt, a pair of big boy underwear and his cars boots. It was hysterical!
He also got a special surprise from Nonie & Pop Pop. We headed to toys r us to pick out Joel's first big boy bike...complete with training wheels! He had lots of fun trying it out on the driveway. It'll be great once it gets nice outside so that he can hit the road! 

Well...that's the birthday weekend in a nutshell. Now I get to head out for a night away with my main man for MY birthday. Having a baby two days before your birthday really steals a little of your birthday thunder! I'm turning thirty tomorrow. Yikes.
I am really looking forward to a night away with Curt, though. Thanks Dad & Pam for watching the kids for us! We'll be sure to pick them back up sometime next week! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment